202 W. Maple Street Willard OH 44890 6/15/2005 17:00:00
202 W. Maple Street Willard OH 44890 6/16/2005 11:00:00
Elsie F. Stockmaster, age 91, of Egypt Road, Willard, passed away Sat., June 11, 2005 at the Hillside Acres Nursing Home in Willard. She was born Feb. 11, 1914 in New Haven Twp., Ohio and has lived in the Willard area all of her life. She had attended 8 grades of elementary at the Egypt School in Greenfield Twp and had graduated from Willard High School in 1930, from Ashland College in 1933 and received a Bachelor of Science in Education Degree from Ashland College in 1954. She was a lifelong member of the United Brethren Church, which later became the First United Methodist Church in Willard and where she taught Sunday School for many years. She joined the Willard Juvenile Grange in 1924 and Subordinate Grange in 1928, where she was a 77 year member. She is a member of the Willard Grange #2106, Huron County Pomona Grange, State and National Grange and 7th Degree Granger. She held many offices in the Willard Grange and is a Past Master.
She started teaching in a one room school house, Five Points School, in Norwich TWP. Also taught at West Hartland, Hartland Center, North Fairfield, Willard Eastside, Willard Central and Willard Jr. High School. She retired from teaching in 1976 after 36 years, with the last 24 years in the Willard School System. She was also a member of the Huron County and Ohio Retired Teachers Associations, Willard Area Historical Society, National Suffolk Sheep Assoc., Four Group Card Club and a local Weekly Card Club.
She is survived by several nieces and nephews.
She is preceeded in death by her husband, Theodore “Ted” F. Stockmaster, whom she married June 29, 1939; parents, James P. and Mable F. (Cox) Dawson; sister, Ireta Feichtner; 3 brothers, William, Wayne and Lloyd Dawson.
Visitation will be Wed. from 5-8 P.M. at the Secor Funeral Home in Willard, where the funeral service will be Thursday at 11:00 A.M., with Pastor Ken Gifford officiating. Burial will be at the Maple Grove Cemetery in New Haven, Ohio. Memorials may be made to the First United Mehtodist Church.